Quote

"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." ~ Isaac Asimov

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

REVIEW - ANEW: The Archers of Avalon by Chelsea Fine


Two years ago, Scarlet awoke in the forest alone, afraid, and unable to remember anything. Lost and confused, her life was a mystery...until she met a boy with a familiar voice. 

Gabriel Archer has a voice from her past, and Scarlet's determined to remember why. She immerses herself in his life only to discover he has a brother he's kept hidden from her: Tristan Archer. 

Upon meeting Tristan, Scarlet's world becomes even more muddled. While she's instinctively drawn to Gabriel, she's impossibly drawn to Tristan--and confused out of her mind. As she tries to piece together her history Scarlet realizes her past...might just be the death of her. 



My Review:

I don't know where to begin with this book - there were so many GREAT things about it! The love triangle is unique, beautiful, and heart wrenching. I felt sorry for Tristan even as I fell in love with him. The premise of the book is one I've never seen before. Ms. Fine grabs you by the throat with the opening and pulls you along for the ride. I was kept guessing up until the end about what would happen next and why things were happening the way they were - I couldn't turn the pages fast enough! All of the characters are relatable; I think Heather, with her love of fashion and obsessive quirkiness, was one of my favorites. The ending... I'm still reeling from the ending. the only way I know it has to be somewhat happy is because there is a sequel (which isn't coming out fast enough for me). Oh my!

A phenomenal paranormal YA read! I highly, definitely recommend it to anyone who loves the genre! I'm totally hooked and can't wait to read more of what Ms. Fine has written.

To learn more about this book, go to http://www.thearchersofavalon.com/

Happy Reading!
EM

No comments:

Post a Comment