Quote

"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." ~ Isaac Asimov

Friday, January 20, 2012

Fangtastic Friday - The Strigoi of Vampire Academy



Welcome to Fangtastic Friday! This week I am featuring the Strigoi of the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead.



Strigoi are the evil vampires in the world of the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. Why did I choose to highlight them first?

Because not all vampires are nice.

Strigoi are vile creatures with chalky complexions and super-supernatural abilities (such as strength, speed and all five senses). They feed on blood of the Moroi (the good vampires) to maintain their evil existence. *spoiler alert* In Blood Promise, when Dimitri is turned Strigoi, Rose has a hard time reconciling the man she fell in love with to the evil creature that holds her captive. Since Strigoi are made in two ways, either by being bitten and then forced to drink a Strigoi's blood or by a Moroi's choice to become evil and drink a person (human or dhampir) to death, it is very common for Strigoi to be someone you once knew. The only ways to kill a Strigoi are: silver stake through the heart, decapitation or burned to death.

The villains in her series, Richelle Mead did a fantastic job of showing us just how evil vampires can get. If you haven't checked out the Vampire Academy books yet, I highly recommend them!


Happy Fangtastic Friday!
EM

*** This post is part of the meme, Fangtastic Friday, started by my dear friend, Beth Ann Masarik. Learn more about it here.***

No comments:

Post a Comment