Quote

"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." ~ Isaac Asimov

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Writerly Wednesday - My Big Announcement!




Welcome to Writerly Wednesday, a weekly meme where I share something "writerly" with you, whether it be an anecdote from my writing life, a short story or an article I found interesting and/or useful. Today, I have something very exciting to share with you!

I'M GETTING PUBLISHED!


On January 10, I received an email from OtherWorld Publications with a contract for my book, Into the Spiral.

I had queried them in August, been asked for the full manuscript (which floored me!) in October, and sent a follow-up email the week between Christmas and New Year's. I waited on pins and needles. I tried telling myself not to worry, that I had other options if this fell through. There were other places I could query, other agents I hadn't already been rejected by. Little did I know just how much this meant to me until I opened that email.

When I read the email, the first thing I thought was, "Mom, I did it!" - and then I burst into tears. Still crying, I looked at my five-year-old son and told him, "Mommy's getting a book published!" to which he gave me a blank stare and said nothing. (What did I expect from him, right?)

Needless to say, this is a dream come true for me. Ever since I was 16, I've wanted to be a published author, though it's only been since January of 2011 that I took control of my destiny and made the decision to pursue that dream (again). I feel extremely fortunate to be joining the OWP family and look forward to working with them on my book.

Oh! Publication date (you all want to know this, right?) is December 14, 2012. (only 10 1/2 months!)



To learn more about OtherWorld Publications, click here.

To learn more about Into the Spiral, check out the website I built for it.

2 comments:

  1. YES! I'm so happy and excited for you! Schwing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kendall! I really appreciate all the support you've given me along the way!

      Delete