Quote

"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." ~ Isaac Asimov

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tell Me Something Tuesday



Today's question: What is your favorite genre to read and why?


My answer should be pretty obvious. Just look at my bookshelf to the left. I LOVE/ADORE/CONSUME YA novels. My favorites are pretty much anything paranormal as long as it's written well, though I have read quite a bit of contemporary YA as well - Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins is one of my new all-time favorite books. I've read it twice and I will probably read it again when I'm done with the book I started last night (DIE FOR ME by Amy Plum).

I started reading YA when I was a kid. I belonged to some book club (might have been Scholastic) and I would get books sent to me every month. Some were paranormal, like there was one I remember about a girl in a haunted house, and some were contemporary. All of them helped me deal with my life and how different I felt at that age (but who doesn't feel like they don't fit in at 13, right?). I read and love it today because it's my escape into a world that I wish I had when I was that age.

So that's me and why I love YA. What about you? What do you like to read and why?

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh! I have been wanting to read Die for Me!! Let me know how u like it! I started Hallowed this morning!! I love Ya too!! It really is a genre filled with a ton of fabulous reads!! Thanks for being part of TMST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read it before; it's one of a long list of favorite books. The fact that it's set in a city I've always wanted to see someday really helps. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Erin! I am glad you signed up for the meme. I just started in YA and I am having lots of fun. I really enjoyed both Anna and Lola. You should try Daughter of Smoke and Bone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Heidi. Nice to meet you. :) I haven't heard of that book, but I will check it out. Thank you!

      Delete