Quote

"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." ~ Isaac Asimov

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

REVIEW - Blood Like Poison: For the Love of a Vampire by M. Leighton


So... I finally finished reading this book today. It took me three days. Continue reading if you want my review...

OMG! If you love vampires, this is the book for you!

When I first began reading this book, all I kept thinking was how much better this was than Twilight. The story is put together beautifully. The plot moves along nicely with action at every turn. Every time you think you have something figured out, you find out you're wrong. I laughed, cheered and cried throughout this novel. Even the ending had me saying "wTH??" and chomping at the bit for book 2!

A definite must-read for anyone who even just likes vampires!

I couldn't believe how great this novel was. I've had in on my Kindle for PC for months. I've even tried reading it once before but something happened when I opened it to get the first six sentences for last Sunday's Six Sentence Sunday. I couldn't tear my eyes away from it. I wholeheartedly believe and feel everything I've said about this book. It is 100 times better than Twilight (and if you know me well, you know how much I first loved that book!). This book was exactly what I needed to read right now. Finding something else to read now will be a challenge... possibly a challenge for another day.

Have you read it? What are your thoughts on it? Did you love it as much as I did or was something lacking for you?

And if you don't know the author, find her on Facebook or Twitter. She's a pretty classy lady. ;)

Happy reading, everyone!
EM

No comments:

Post a Comment