Quote

"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." ~ Isaac Asimov

Monday, January 2, 2012

Another Year, Another Blog

Hi everyone!

I decided to start this blog because I believe it will give me everything I'm looking for in a place to put my thoughts, record my triumphs and talk about my defeats (not that I think there will be many of those).

One year ago, I started my first writerly blog on LiveJournal.com. It was the first step towards changing my life. Though I haven't published anything (yet), I have met numerous amazing author friends who I would not have met if I had not stepped out of my comfort zone and actually put myself out there to be found. In 2011, I wrote 3 complete novels, numerous short stories, and became a constant contributor for Literary Lunes online magazine, run by one of my favorite friends, Beth Ann Masarik. Of the 10 things on my New Year's Resolutions list I made at the beginning of 2011, I completed 8 of them. It was an amazing year! And here's hoping 2012 will be just as great!

My goals for this year include:
- finish writing all components of the Spiral Defenders series (2 more books and 1 more short story)
- revamp and recover the Mason Ridge trilogy (written by me in 2008-2010)
- write 2-3 blog posts a week
- help others write well
-support everyone, whether they traditionally or self publish
- continue building a platform for myself as a Young Adult Author

I'll admit it; towards the end of 2011, I became a little anti-social. I let my Facebook friends go. I haven't Tweeted in months.I had only a small group of people that I communicated with. This is my first step towards getting out of that box and throwing myself out there again. I hope you will like what I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment