Quote

"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." ~ Isaac Asimov

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tell Me Something Tuesday


Today's Question: What is the saddest book  you have ever read?


I honestly can't say whether this is the saddest book I have ever read, but it is one that made me cry openly to the point that my hubby asked me what was wrong and then laughed when I started sobbing about the ending of this book. FANG is the sixth book in the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. I've grown up with these kids; they're like my own children, but with wings, varying ages and lives of their own. ;) So when *spoiler alert* Fang left Max at the end of the book, I sobbed with her as we read his letter together. It was the most devastating thing I'd read in a really long time.

Other books that have made me cry:
I read this book about a year after my mom passed away. And while I cried and cried while reading this book, it gave me hope that she was in a better place, that she had five people whose lives she had touched (though I know there were more than 5) or that had touched her life in a significant way. I hope when I go to Heaven, I will meet the five people waiting for me.


Anything that I have ever read by this man, Nicholas Sparks. His books touch me so deeply that I can't help but laugh, cheer and cry along with the main characters. I always have tears in my eyes and falling down my cheeks by the end of one of his books, whether it's a happy ending or a sad one. Some of my favorite books by him include The Notebook, The Wedding and the Last Song.

OK, enough of my sappiness. It's your turn. What is the saddest book you've ever read? Post a comment here with your answer or link to your response on your blog.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!
EM

8 comments:

  1. That's a great post! I actually haven't read the Maximun Ride books but I have looked at them at Barnes and Noble and I have considered them. Maybe I will give them a try. ;-)

    Great TMST post and thank you for beig part of the meme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cambria. I think everyone should give Max a try. ;) What's not to like about a group of kids with wings who have to save the world?

      Delete
  2. I wholeheartedly agree with you about Sparks, in fact he was my choice of authors (well book) as well. It never fails, his stories always make me cry. Even his biography Seven Weeks With My Brother made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read his biography. I will have to look for it the next time I need a good cry. LOL

      Delete
  3. Hi Erin, yep, NS can make a women cry like a baby and love him for it. He has the magic. I started to cry reading the first page of Dear Jhon. How lame am I, right? yep, superduoer lame.
    Oh, Erin, now I just need to read Maximum Ride series. I even got my arms all tingling just reading your post about it. Everytime I get the tingling sensation I know I'll love the book so now I'll have to break my piggy bank. Thanx a lot!!!!!*shaking my fists in the air*

    XoXo LoL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lila, you're so funny! :) Buy them a couple at a time or even go to the library and check them out. Even used book stores are a great idea (I do most of my book shopping at Half Price Books these days). :) Let me know what you think when you read them! I always love connecting with more Max fans!

      Delete
  4. I'm with you on NS. The Last Song and Dear John- oh my god. I haven't read the others but I need to check out the Maximum Ride series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Another Maximum Ride convert! (seriously, James Patterson should pay me with how much I pimp out his books. LOL) I haven't read Dear John. I'm afraid to because I know I won't be able to get through it without bawling my eyes out. But some day I want to read it.

      Delete