Quote

"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." ~ Isaac Asimov

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tell Me Something Tuesday


Welcome once again to Tell Me Something Tuesday, a weekly meme where Cambria Herbert posts a question on her blog and the rest of us get to answer it. Today's question:

How do you feel about love triangles?


Probably one of the most famous love triangles of the moment would be Edward-Bella-Jacob. Now personally, I'm all about Team Jacob, but that's not what this post is about. ;-)

I like love triangles. OK, so it's more like I love them. I love the intrigue created by them, the passion and intensity between the two who aren't supposed to be together but fall for each other anyway, and even the heartache of when it all falls apart. Of course, all of this happens if the love triangle is done right. So far I have been lucky enough not to read a bad one (yet). :)

What do I consider a great love triangle? Glad you asked! I think it happens when the girl is with one person but is destined to be with another, or when she falls for her best friend of FOREVER after hooking up with the hottest guy in school, or even when she meets one guy, falls for him and then falls for someone else (though the girl might be considered a slut by this way of thinking - this is the one that has to be done right). Or, she just happens to fall for a set of brothers due to all the crazy circumstances of her life. ;-)

I think love triangles have to have a purpose, a reason for existing. Like I mentioned before, maybe the girl is destined to be with someone else when she is already with one person. I'm actually turned off by the slut-girl version of a love triangle, unless one boy is better for her than the other. I like when all sides of the triangle complement each other in some way, that they give each other something positive. This also makes the intrigue of "who's she going to choose??" that much more exciting.

My favorite love triangles of the moment?



Definitely my #1 love triangle right now. This one just keeps heating up every week, making me anxious to see what happens next. (Of course, I'm totally rooting for Damon even though that doesn't seem to be happening.)








The love triangle here is between Rose Hathaway, a runaway-and-now-returned guardian in training, Dimitri Belikov, the badass Guardian god who helps Rose catch up in her training, and Adrian Ivashkov, playboy Moroi and spirit user. Even though it's obvious Rose and Dimitri should be together, there is a time when Adrian gets his chance.








Image captured from sayusculam.blogspot.com

Here we have Jace, Clary, and Simon from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. Simon is Clary's BFF and secretly in love with her for years. Jace is the badass Shadowhunter who helps Clary reveal the secrets about herself and her mother.  And right from the start, even though Simon has been there for Clary for many years, it's obvious Jace is the one she should be with (even with the little thing of them possibly being siblings). I love reading this series!


Those are my top three love triangles of the moment. I feel like I have many more to discover as I continue to read and read. How about you? Love or hate love triangles? Who are you favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment