Quote

"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." ~ Isaac Asimov

Friday, February 10, 2012

Fangtastic Friday - Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz


I apologize profusely for missing last week's opportunity for sharing this wonderful series with you! I have no excuses except that it was an exceptionally bad day. But without further ado, I bring you the BLUE BLOODS series by Melissa de la Cruz.

The series follows 16-year-old Schuyler (pronounced Sky-ler) Van Alen as she learns she is a Blue Blood, a vampire who is a reincarnated angel. Here is a description of the process:

"There were so many things they were talking about that made sense. The blue marks on her arms, for instance. Apparently their  blood was shining through the skin because it was  starting to assert itself, starting to reconnect with all the old knowledge and wisdom and memories of their past lives. Because it was their blood that was alive-- that was what made them undead-- their blood was thousands of years old, from the beginning of time, a living database of their own immortal consciousness."
                                ~ Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz, pages 144-145

Throughout the series, Schuyler falls in love, knows betrayal and heartbreak, and travels the world in search of her grandfather and the answers he holds to her destiny.

Below, I put together a minute long slideshow of the various covers for the 8 Blue Bloods books out now. No copyright infringement was meant on my part while making this show. I just wanted to have a little fun. :)



To learn more about this delightful series or Melissa de al Cruz herself, please visit her website:  http://melissa-delacruz.com/

I hope you've enjoyed a very small glimpse into a fantastic new way to look at vampires. And if you haven't already, I hope you will give this series a chance to WOW you as much as it has WOW'd me. :)

Happy Reading!
EM


No comments:

Post a Comment