Quote

"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." ~ Isaac Asimov

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Writerly Wednesday - ARC Review of Between by Cambria Hebert


Welcome to another week of Writerly Wednesday, a weekly meme where I share with you something in my writing life, such as sites I've found useful or friends I've made. Today I'm going to share something very special. I was more than excited and honored when Cambria Hebert asked me to review an ARC of her upcoming novella, Between (Heven and Hell 1.5). Let me tell you a little more about it before I tell you what I thought of it.


I grew up in a comfortable house with two parents and a white-picket fence. My brother, Sam, and I used to play with sticks in the backyard and pretend they were swords. There were always cookies on the table and milk in the fridge. Then, one day, things changed. 

Sam changed. 

Life was never the same again. Sam left. My parents abandoned him when he needed them most, and I was left to survive in a house that was merely a shell of what it used to be. Mom cried all the time and Dad expected me to fill the void my brother left behind. But mostly, all we did was pretend. We pretended that things weren’t messed up. We pretended that Sam never existed. 

Until I changed, too. 

Now, everything’s a mess and I’m so confused. It’s like there are two different people trapped inside one body—my body—and one of them wants out. I do things. Bad things and I don’t know how to stop. I’m not sure I want to. The only way I can be normal again is if I find Sam. He’ll know what to do. 

He has too.

(blurb and cover pic from Goodreads. Add this novella to your reading list here.)


My review
Having briefly met Logan when I read Masquerade, I was very excited to see I would get to read a bit of his back story. Let me tell you, Ms. Hebert did not disappoint! This story moved at a fast pace, keeping me guessing even as the answers to my questions were presented. Some of my suspicions from Masquerade were confirmed, making me nervous and anxious for Charade to come out.
Between was the perfect novella between the two Heven and Hell novels. I enjoyed it immensely, especially finding the many meanings to the title. ;-) 
Having read two stories from Ms. Hebert, I can confidently say I am a fan for life. Her writing is engaging, her characters are real and her stories are extraordinary!


I give Between FIVE STARS and recommend to anyone who loves paranormal stories.


Mark The Date: Between will be available from Otherworld Publications on April 20, 2012.


Happy Reading!
EM

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much for your review! I appreciate your time and thought into it! I am so gad you enjoyed Logan and the novella about him. :)

    ReplyDelete