Quote

"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." ~ Isaac Asimov

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tell Me Something Tuesday


Welcome back for another week of Tell Me Something Tuesday, the weekly meme hosted by Cambria Hebert where she asks the question and bloggers answer. This week's question:

If you were going to be stranded on a desert island and could only bring five things, what would they be?

I have struggled with this question since reading it. Only five things? I'd asked Cambria, which of course she said yes to. ;-) Since I'm going to be stranded, meaning I don't wake up stranded, it might be a little easier... So, okay, five things...

My Kindle Fire. Even if I can't get internet on my desert island, I would still have plenty of things to read. I would just make sure to upload all my favorite, can't-live-without books onto it before leaving. :-) I love to read and it helps pass the time. My Fire also has a Quick Office app so I can continue to write books, which I will then release when I'm rescued from my island. ;-) (in my imaginary world where this desert island lives, electricity is not a problem lol)

A Water purifier. It can be a Brita pitcher or even one of those sports bottle things, but I'd need something that would purify the water surrounding my island so I could drink.

A Boy Scout-type guy. I am so not the hunter in my family; I'm more the gathering type. ;-) So I would need someone, preferably a strong, hot man to hunt and cook for me. He could also build me a shelter to keep us out of the sweltering heat of our desert island. Of course, having an amenity such as that, I may not want to leave the island. ;-)

My life-long BFF, Pam. She and I have known each other most of our lives. And since we currently live three states away from each other, this would remedy the problem of never seeing each other! ;-) Of course, I would make sure she brings her own 5 things so we would have more to do. LOL

And that's all I can think of. LOL Who would've thought I was worried about only bringing 5 things and now I can't even come up with a fifth one! Now it's your turn. What five items would you bring with you to a desert island?

Happy Tuesday!
EM




8 comments:

  1. I think everone of us is bringing an ereader. What did we ever do without them. Imagine storing a thousand books in your house! Water purifier would definitely be a good thing to have. Great choices Erin, I am wondering what you would write about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many things I could write about. And since I'd be stuck on a desert island, I would probably take Cambria's idea of being stuck on an island with a werewolf. It could be my first horror novel! LOL (but seriously, something paranormal is a given with me. I've lost the ability to write about "normal" topics.)

      Delete
  2. I'd bring a plane, and a pilot to get off that island pronto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never think of a plane and pilot. Great answer, Jay! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. I love how so many of our replies are the same! I agree with Heidi, what in the world did we ever do without our ereaders? I think once you have one, tablet, phone, Kindle, Nook, there is no way you can go back, they really are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. I would never want to be without my Fire (even though my kids love it more than I do because they can play Angry Birds. LOL).

      Delete
  4. Wonderful answers Erin! I love the pic of your BFF what a sweet answer. I think being on an island with my BFF would be amazing.
    You pretty much Covered it all with your 4 choices and you did a great job!! Thanks so much for joining in this week was really fun for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cambria! And thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete