Quote

"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." ~ Isaac Asimov

Friday, April 27, 2012

Review - Chasing McCree by J.C. Isabella

Briar Thompson had it all. The right clothes, the right friends, the right car. Being popular was all that mattered. Her parents were rich and treated like royalty throughout the community. She thought her senior year of high school was going perfectly, until the night her drink was spiked at a party by one of her so called friends.

That was the night she met Chase McCree.

Chase wanted to go back to Montana. To the ranch and the wild, wide blue sky that went on forever. He wanted nothing to do with flashy cars or spoiled rich kids. But he found himself head over boots for the quirky cheerleader who turned her back on her social status. She befriended him when no one else would.

Shunned and hurt by the people who were once her friends, Briar flees with Chase to his family ranch in Montana. There she discovers another world, and apart of herself she never knew.

The cowboy wasn’t like anyone she’d ever met. The cheerleader wasn’t like anyone he’d ever met. Apart their lives didn’t seem to make sense, but together, they were chasing forever.



My Review: 5 Stars!
I love cowboys. I kinda suspected this about myself, but reading this book confirmed it. Chase McCree is a true-blue cowboy. He's confident in what he wants, knows what life has in store for him, and finds unexpected love in a cheerleader. Briar Thompson can't stand her friends, her parents or her life. After a life-changing epiphany while drunk, Briar decides she's going to change her ways. Her first change is befriending the new cowboy in town, Chase McCree. At first they seem to be complete opposites, but soon realize they have everything in common. Briar follows Chase to Montana despite what everyone (including Chase's mother) thinks will happen: that Briar will go home at the end of the summer. What really happens is an unexpected summer of life-long love.

OK, enough about the plot. ;-) I loved this book. I fell in love with Chase right from the start, when he chased Briar through the park. I love how Briar stood up to her friends and finally her parents. This was a feel good YA romance, easily gobbled up in a day (as I have done, though I'm tempted to turn around and read it again). Another gem from J.C. Isabella.

You can find this book at Amazon and Smashwords for only 99cents!

Happy Reading!
EM



No comments:

Post a Comment