Hello and welcome to the final week of the Masquerade Read Along. This week we are hosted by Veronica over at Mostly Reviews. This week is the last week of questions with winners chosen next week on Cambria's blog. I have to say, I have really enjoyed meeting everyone during this Read Along and look forward to doing many more! Now, onto the questions...
Final discussion questions
1. Heven develops a new “supernatural power”. She remarks that it isn’t that exciting of a power. Is this a power you would like to have, if not what kind of supernatural power would you like to have? I wouldn’t mind being able to see auras and I’m sure there’s a reason Heven has that ability. If I got to choose what supernatural power I had, I would pick telepathy or telekinesis. To be able to read minds or move things with my mind would be awesome!
2. Which character do you think makes the biggest internal change throughout the course of this book? Is there a situation in your life that you can reflect back on as an experience that changed your life for the better? I think Heven made the biggest internal change throughout the book. She started out a shy, quiet, practically friendless girl who hid from the world because of her scars and ended up a confident young woman without the scars. She literally faced her demons and won. I do have a situation in my life that I look back on as life-changing (a couple, actually). Both were horrible situations that forced me to face who I was at the time and to decide who I would become. I believe I became a better person because of those incidents.
3. Who is your favorite character and why? This is actually the hardest question for me. I feel like I love equally the characters I’m supposed to (Heven, Sam, her grandmother) and despise the ones I’m supposed to (mainly China and the other hellhounds). So I don’t know that I really have a favorite. I’m indifferent about her mom (though her attitude needs a serious adjustment) and I’m suspicious of Logan. I don’t think I can answer this question yet. But I’m definitely rooting for Heven and Sam in the rest of the novels.
4. When the book ends the reader has an idea of what the next book will involve. Do you think the book ended in the appropriate place? Though I felt the book dragged a bit after Heven returned from the dead, I understood that certain things still had to happen. I do feel the book ended appropriately and cannot wait to find out what happens next in Charade.
5. Do you have any predictions for the next book in the series, Charade? I get the feeling Logan isn't everything we think he is and I’m afraid to find out he’s not really one of the good guys. I think he will betray Sam and Heven in some way.
6. Did you enjoy participating in this read along? Will you join in future read alongs? Yes and yes. This is my first read along and I truly enjoyed discussing the book and meeting fellow bloggers/writers to talk about something we all loved. I loved seeing everyone’s opinions on things and having conversations about it. I look forward to my next read along.
Thank you, Cambria and the others for hosting a very fun Read Along. :)